Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Philippians 3


But whatever things were gain to me, those things 
I have counted as loss for the sake of Christ. 
More than that, I count all things to be loss in view of the surpassing value 
of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered 
the loss of all things, and count them but rubbish so that I may gain Christ, and 
may be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own derived from the Law, 
but that which is through faith in Christ, 
the righteousness which comes from God on the basis of faith, 
that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection and the 
fellowship of his sufferings, being conformed to His death; 
in order that I may attain to the resurrection from the dead.
Not that I have already obtained it or have already become perfect, but I press on 
so that I may lay hold of that for which also I was laid hold of by Christ Jesus. 
Brethren, I do not regard myself as having laid hold of it yet; 
but one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead. 
I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. 
Let us therefore, as many as are perfect, have this attitude; and if in anything 
you have a different attitude, God will reveal that also to you; 
however, let us keep living by that same standard to which we have attained.
                                                                                                                ~Philippians 3:7-16

No comments:

Post a Comment