Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentines Day

Happy Valentines Day! I hope that you all have had a marvelous day. This morning, Andrew and Tianna came over for a yummy breakfast (prepared by my awesome mom). Mom also made us huge heart cookies, as is our tradition. We spent the day just hanging out (and eating far too much sugar :P), and then had homemade pizza for dinner. All in all, it was a pretty good day.
But every holiday – every regular day, for that matter – I can’t help but think of Josh. Can’t help but remember all the bygone years. It’s so new and strange to celebrate without him.
Last year, Josh was gone at ALERT for Valentines Day. The day before, in a box of old cards, I found a Valentine from Josh, dated 2011. It made me so happy to have a card from him, even if it was a year old.
Today, I pulled that card out again. It’s just a plain piece of paper, with words written from his heart. His writing is horribly sloppy. But that simple card means so much to me. Every time I read it, I start crying. It means so much to know that he loved me.
"Fofy" was one of his nicknames :)
God’s time. Yes. Don’t all things happen in God’s time? He has the entire story plotted; laid out from start to finish. Everything will happen at the perfect time. All we have to do is trust.
Valentines Day is a day to remember those we love. I don’t have a husband (yet ;), but there are so many wonderful people in my life that I love dearly.
I love my family – Mom, Dad, Andrew, Tianna, Josh, Caleb, Daniel, Janae, David, Paul, Levi, Evan, Valor, Honor, and Jonathan. Some of you are in heaven, but I love you and can’t wait to see you someday.
I love my friends. I have FAR too many to list here, but you know who you are. I love you so much!!
And I love my God.
It feels so good to say that. God, I love You. You have done wondrous and amazing things for me – things that I could never possibly deserve. There has been pain in the journey, but I know that all things will work together for good. God will put together what He has broken.
Praise God.

<3~<3~<3~<3~<3~<3~<3~<3~<3~<3~<3~<3~<3~<3~<3~<3~<3~<3~<3~<3~<3~<3~

No comments:

Post a Comment