Tuesday, May 5, 2015

May 5th

        Today is the third anniversary of Josh's death. And to be quite honest with you, I don't have anything new to say.
        Josh is still gone, and we still miss him. It still hurts, and we still cry. The memories are still fresh, and yeah, they still hurt. Every day is another day in which he is absent.
        And yet each day brings us closer to seeing him again... And that is a beautiful thing.
        We still trust and serve a good God, and He still showers us with His peace and love. We are still broken, but He is still drawing us nearer to Himself.

        This road is still difficult, but He still is, and always will be, faithful.

        Soli Deo Gloria. 

Rainie Falls: May 5th, 2015
My brother Caleb hiked the trail today in honor of the 3rd anniversary.



"The Lord gave and the Lord has taken away. Blessed by the name of the Lord."
-Job 1:21b

~Riah

1 comment:

  1. My heart still aches for you all, Riah... I have your brother's quote in so many places in my life, and the reminder of him still fills me with a keen sense of loss, though I didn't even know him. Yet I am so grateful for the legacy he left, and the power of his words that live on to challenge me, even now. Thinking of you all, during this time, lovely.

    ReplyDelete