Thursday, May 23, 2013

A Best Friend

I have many friends, and I am pretty close with all of them. In fact, I don’t think I have a friend that I’m not close with. I’m the kind of person who needs deep, meaningful relationships, and God has brought people into my life to fulfill that need. But there are certain friends with whom you share a deeper bond. It’s not that they’re more special than the others, but you find that you connect with them on a deeper level. You’re not afraid to be completely yourself. You trust in them implicitly, without knowing exactly why. The moment you meet them, you know you’ve found a kindred spirit.
That’s what I call a best friend.
God has blessed me with several such friends, and my life would be incomplete without any one of them. But today, I have a particular friend in mind.
Today is my wonderful friend Deanna’s 17th birthday. We met at church nearly seven years ago, and became friends at a party on Thanksgiving Day. Since then, our friendship has only strengthened, and now she is one of my very best friends.
All that being said…
What Is A Best Friend?

A best friend is…
        Someone you laugh more than talk with.
        Someone who loves you, even when you’re a total nutcase.
        Someone who always makes time for you.
        Someone who teaches you a lesson as they’re learning it.
Someone who knows how to make you happy.
Someone who will hold you when you cry.
Someone who will get up at five in the morning before a speech tournament to read the Bible with you.
Someone who doesn’t mind doing crazy things.
Someone who encourages you when you’re feeling low.
Someone in whom you can confide everything.
Someone who you can stay up all night talking to.
Someone who knows what you’re thinking before you even open your mouth.
Someone who isn’t afraid to tell you you’re wrong.
Someone you can laugh with about things only you can understand.
Someone who will never let you be an idiot alone.
Someone who randomly (or not randomly) sends you Bible verses.
Someone who you know will never leave your side.

That’s who my best friend is.
Deanna, thank you so much for all that you’ve given me. The laughter, the memories, the joy… all the lessons we’ve learned together. You mean so much to me, and I am so thankful that God put you into my life.
You have changed my life for good.
Happy birthday, bestie!! <3



Oh yeah… don’t break your water bottle. ;) 

~Riah

1 comment:

  1. :) I LOVE YOU SO MUCH BOB!

    Hahaha!! I won't right now. ;)

    ReplyDelete